Windows 11 is the latest operating system of Microsoft, and it comes jam-packed with some features that were not present in any of the previous versions.
You may think of upgrading your old PC to Windows 11 because you think it will perform the fastest.
However, you are not completely right.
Many Windows 11 users have also complained about their PC performing slowly. Some have even tuned system mechanic software tools to fix the performance issues.
Hence, we have brought a list of tweaks here that can optimize Windows 11 for the best performance.
Let’s check them out.
1: Delete Unnecessary Programs
Your PC may have some unwanted programs installed that you don’t use. There may be programs that were part of the installation package, but you never opened them once.
If you delete these programs, it will automatically free up your disk space.
- Head to the Start tab and choose the Settings option.
- Choose the Apps option from the side column and select the ‘Apps and Features’ option.
- You’ll find the list of programs installed on your PC here. Tap on the program you want to uninstall, and select the three-dotted icon.
- Once you uninstall the unnecessary programs, restart your PC.
2: Use A Windows Debloater
There may be some pre-installed programs on your PC that are taking up the storage space. But, you can’t remove them from the settings or control panel.
Sycenex developed the Windows10debloater that is designed to remove bloatware from Windows 10, but you can use the same command on Windows 11.
- Go to the Start bar and launch Windows PowerShell.
- Type the ‘iwr -useb https://git.io/debloat|iex’ command and press enter.
- Once the entire package is launched on your PC, you can create a system restore point. Now, you can remove the unnecessary programs and restart your PC to improve its speed.
3: Disable Visual Effects
Windows 11 has plenty of visual effects that make the background look appealing. However, these visual dynamics also consume more resources from your computer, causing it to lag.
If you disable these visual effects, Windows 11 will perform much faster.
- Navigate to the Start option and select the ‘Visual Effects’ option from the list.
- Use the toggle buttons to disable the animation and transparency effects.
- Launch advanced system settings, and select the Settings option under the Performance menu.
- Now, adjust the settings for the best visual performance and customize the choices you want.
- Select the Apply tab and click on OK.
4: Check For Updates
Your Windows 11 may be slow because it needs an update. We know what you’re thinking. This version has just been launched.
Well, if your PC meets the hardware requirements, the Windows 11 version may need an update, and it’s time you check it.
- Choose the Settings option from the Windows menu.
- Select the Windows Update from the left column and check if your PC has any updates available.
- If there are new updates available, they will be displayed there, and once you click on them, the update will be installed automatically.
5: Defragment Storage Drives
You may ask what defragmentation is. It is the process of reorganizing files into your hard drive so that the OS can place related data closer.
Once you do this, it will improve your memory access time and will also make Windows 11 much faster.
- Click the ‘Defragment & Optimize Drives’ option from the Start tab.
- Choose the Primary Drive from the list of options and select the Optimize button.
- Once the optimization process is complete, repeat the same steps with other drives.
- Restart your PC and see how it performs.
6: Install A Tune-Up Software
Software tools such as Iolo system mechanic come with a suite of software tune-up facilities that can dramatically improve your PC’s performance. It comes with a PC optimizer and cleaner that can enhance your PC’s speed significantly.
- Start the system mechanic and select the Toolbox option.
- Once you locate the PC Repair option, tap on the Start option.
- A list of actions will be mentioned there. Select them one by one and click the Next option.
- The system mechanic software will now run repairs on your PC. Wait for a few minutes and see how your PC performance changes.
You can optimize Windows 11 for the best performance, and we have shared some tweaks with you right here.
Once you figure out which of these tweaks will help you to run your PC smoothly, you can let us know in the comment box.
We will be back with a reply shortly.